Adolescence is a period that is of utmost importance in one’s development. Throughout the adolescence, one has to go through a lot of physiological and hormonal changes. The interplay of physiology, emotions, thoughts, and cognitions give rise to our different personalities and the way we act. In adolescence, steep hormonal and physiological changes can have different impacts on people. Therefore we must understand the nature of such changes and support our adolescents the best way possible.
If you observe a personal difficulty in your teenager, we invite you to participate in a therapeutic process. This process will begin and continue in a non-judgmental, safe and compassionate setting. An initial assessment will allow the psychologist to better understand the root of your problem and set out a customized intervention or treatment plan. In light of our integrative approach, we plan to address various areas of your teenager’s life to build a solid foundation on which your teenager can thrive and develop. We believe that guiding an adolescent is the same as planting and cultivating seeds effectively, there for we prioritize helping your teenager to develop a solid foundation that they can draw on for their entire life.
- Understand your teenager’s needs and discover ways to meet those needs directly.
- Provide a platform for your teenager to express his or her needs and feelings in a respectful and effective way.
- Empower your teenager to improve their self-confidence.
- Assess and improve your teenager’s overall health (physical, cognitive, emotional, social and spiritual).
- Improve empathy skills of both the adolescent and the family.
- Promote your teenager’s overall well-being.
- Elicit the family’s support in the process.
Once the needs of your teenager are evaluated, we determine how to best meet those needs directly. We then seek to extinguish the undesired behaviour and replace it with a healthier alternative behaviour. That said, our ultimate goal in the therapeutic process is to promote a greater understanding of your teenager, and to help them have a healthy self-image, cultivate self-confidence, and learn to have empaty towards other people.
- Behaviour Problems
- Anxiety Problems
- Social Problems
- Self-Esteem Problems
- Adjustment to Life Situations
- Eating Disorders
- Chronic / Recurrent Health Problems
- Academic Testing